``A Conversation with the Experts”
Should Marijuana be moved from Schedule 1 to Schedule 2?
On Friday, October 24, 2014, Dr. Carl Hart, author of High Price, participated in a panel discussion about the consequences of legalizing medical marijuana.
What You should Know:
The real reason why American Scientists ignore the benefits of drugs
Four states and Washington, D.C., allow recreational marijuana. Nineteen states allow it for medical purposes, and 14 have decriminalized it.
- David Blake, deputy attorney general for legal policy and government affairs of Colorado
- Beau Kilmer, senior policy researcher at the RAND Corporation
- Bertha K. Madras, Harvard University professor and chair of Harvard’s Division of Neurochemistry
- Robert Mikos, Vanderbilt law professor and a leading expert on federalism and drug law
- Scott Teitelbaum, University of Florida College of Medicine psychiatry and pediatrics professor and vice chair of the Psychiatry Department